Hemp is due a hayday as farm-grown revival begins across UK
The British Hemp Company has launched a mill in Warminster and has boosted its plans for 12 farms across the UK, with its founder Stephen Glover pointing out that being locally grown it avoids the carbon footprint of imports. In the 1930s hemp fell out of favour in Britain after the price fell and a government disinformation campaign wrongly linked hemp with Cannabis.
- Darker skies and less carbon from Cumbria County Council's lighting replacements Energy
- "Offsetting a cop-out" Polestar boss says as aims for climate neutral car Transport
- Fashion made from seaweed fibre hopes for green takeoff Business
Go-Ahead expands air-filtering bus fleet following trial success
• Go-Ahead will increase its unique fleet of air-cleaning vehicles, deploying five buses in Southampton by end of 2019.
• Results from initial pilot show that one bus has the capacity to draw 65g of particulates from the air over 100 days – just over the weight of a tennis ball.
Go-Ahead launches pollution-busting bus to clean up urban air
The Go-Ahead Group, one of the country's largest bus and rail operators, has unveiled the UK's first air filtering bus that makes the air around it cleaner as it travels – allowing the surrounding community to breathe easier.
Turbine technology aims to boost affordability, driving distance, and environmental appeal of Battery Electric Vehicles
Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe B.V. (MTEE), a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group company, introduces the RANGE+, a power generator capable of rapidly charging the battery of a battery electric vehicle (BEV) while driving. It allows for fast recharging, increased driving distance and independence from recharging infrastructure.