- Packaging firm uses infrared to tackle 'rogue' plastics in recycling Resource & 'Waste'
Naturally designed 'leaky dams' prevent flooding
A natural "leaky dams" flood management scheme, which was only installed in Tudeley Woods near Tunbridge Wells, Southern England in January this year, has functioned effectively during extreme weather conditions in Kent caused by Storms Ciara and Dennis which swept across the UK in February, according to the South East Rivers Trust (SERT). In partnership with local landowner The Hadlow Estate, the scheme has been introduced to protect properties in Five Oak Green, downstream of the Alder Stream catchment, from future flooding.
- Interactive map uncovers coastal towns due to be swept away Buildings & Cities
- Swapping red meat for chicken fuels South American deforestation via soya Food
Trade Shows & Conferences
The built environment industry can influence the resilience, sustainability and quality of homes, buildings and elements of infrastructure and cities. Registration has opened for Futurebuild 2020 with a call to industry to act now if we are to successfully tackle the challenges facing us all. By joining the event from 03 to 05 March at ExCeL London, visitors will be able to unite with industry innovators to tackle climate change and become the catalyst for change that's so greatly needed.
Are you responsible for:
• reducing carbon emissions and energy costs;
• improving sustainability;
• implementing low-carbon technologies;
• complying with environmental standards and legislation.
• Then join us this month at EMEX, the UK's must-attend energy and sustainability event, on the 27th and 28th at ExCeL London.
Free RWM showguides are being posted this month
In just 5 short weeks, 14,000 environmental professionals will flood to the UK's largest recycling and waste management event; RWM exhibition. Very soon show tickets and the official RWM 2019 showguide will be delivered to RWM ticket holders in the post. The showguides are everything you need to plan your day; including show highlights, speaker profiles, the exhibitor directory, full timetable and floorplan.
The challenge is on for the built environment ... get your free tickets for Futurebuild 2019
The built environment industry can influence the resilience, sustainability and quality of homes, buildings and elements of infrastructure and cities. Global scientific evidence and strategies, such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals, are giving a clear message: it is now time to think the unthinkable to make change happen.