The infographic displays key findings from the Institute's initial report Vision 2035, UK Freight Planning to 2035, The Future of Aviation and the most recently published A Vision for Transport Planning.
Some of the key findings of the Institute's Vision 2035 series detailed in the attached infographic include:
• Projected 33% increase in road travel, 84% in rail freight and 180% in sea freight
• Energy demand will increase by 30-40% by 2030
• Steady trend of economic growth and rising population
• Aviation growth identified as a key component to the economy
• Average number of trips per person is falling
• By 2035 an extra 10 million people will be resident in the UK
The Institute hopes that this infographic, along with the report series, will stimulate debate, lead to a fuller understanding of future issues and generate ideas on how the transport and logistics sectors more widely can help to improve our response to them.
The infographic can be seen below, or viewed online here