The Drone Pathfinder Catalyst programme, delivered by Connected Places Catapult, has provided a transition for the UK from drone trialling to application, through working with:
• Network Rail to demonstrate how drones minimise the risk of trackside working and reduce network outages
• Yorkshire Housing to demonstrate how drones can reduce the overall cost of planned and preventative maintenance
• Buxton Mountain Rescue to demonstrate how drones designed for inclement weather can save lives in search and rescue operations
• The Environment Agency to understand how drones can monitor the UK's changing coastlines that are increasingly under threat due to climate change
• AGRI-EPI and a broad range of stakeholders to demonstrate how drones can increase farming yield and reduce the use of fertilisers and pesticides through more targeted application
• Herotech8 to demonstrate how drone in a box solutions can deliver greater efficiencies and unlock new applications through increased automation.
From these real-life examples, Connected Places Catapult developed a Drone Readiness Assessment; a high-level approach for adopting and scaling drone use within organisations. This enables industries and public sector to continue to assess and understand the adoption of drone technology and services to realise the immediate cost saving, productivity, and efficiency benefits.
Watch the video below: